Thursday, December 6, 2007

the day to day stuff

Up 'til now I've just given the highlights of our stay here in Budapest. Things seem nice and tidy and smooth - and for the most part I can't complain. But our day light hours are short and the weather is cold and therefore it takes a lot more creativity and energy (sometimes more than I possess) to keep the kids entertained. Usually the kids and I trade off having some sort of melt down through out the day. It reminds me of a movie called Robots, a kids movie that I've gotten the opportunity to watch at least a dozen times since we've arrived. In the movie there's a good-humored, sarcastic robot played by Robin Williams and he's trying to pep up his friend Rodney. He says "you know, even though you had a discouraging day today, there's another one coming tomorrow!" I always chuckle at that part. Now that we've settled in a bit I feel kind of like we're apart of the movie Groundhog Day. We wake up around 7 and head down to the 1st floor for the complimentary breakfast where they serve the same thing every morning and we eat almost the same thing each time (because there's very little variety). Then we come back up to our room to hang out and play a bit. Then if the weather permits, we walk outside to do one of the following, buy groceries, play at the park, do some sightseeing, or get some lunch. Our outings are limited due to the fact that I don't have a stroller for Maya and her little legs don't go very far or very fast. Then we walk back home so the kids can nap. When they wake up we hang out and play a bit more at the hotel because usually by that time (about 3-3:30) it starts getting dark outside. We either make dinner here or go out with Andy when he gets home from work.

It sounds like we'll be moving into our apartment sometime next week, so hopefully that will stir things up a bit. If we're able to get the apartment that we want, it's right next to the Danube River, with a park, shopping mall, movie theater, grocery store and transportation all within in walking distance. AND soon after we move in we should get our shipment of stuff with the stroller in it!! Who knew that a stroller would make such a difference! :)

So here are some pictures of our day to day events...




1 comment:

Huynh said...

Thanks for pictures.
We miss you all
Hope you guys move to an APT, or house, soon.

Love