Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Internet issues

We've had internet issues for the last week, hence no blog entries. I had some really fun pictures and memories to share and I'm sure I still will, but I have to vent for a minute. I have to let it be known that I'm glad we only have 19 days before we head back to the states. This is an experience that I'll be forever grateful for and look back on with fond memories, but for now, I'll vent.

Let's start at the beginning of this internet fiasco. Two months ago Andy went to T-Mobile to buy an internet stick with about 10 gigs on it that should have lasted us two months. Well, it didn't. About ten days ago we ran out of memory so Andy did what he was told to do and bought a recharge card. About 10 more gigs worth of memory... plenty to last us the rest of our stay. Well, apparently we blew through it in about 24 hours. So I went the next day to ask about it and they said, 'yep it's gone, you used it all and there's nothing to do about it'. After trying to get as much information out of them in their broken English and my far worst Hungarian, I decided that maybe they were right and we must've downloaded something pretty big and we didn't realize it. So I bought another 5 gigs worth of memory and went home. About 24 hours later, we were out of internet AGAIN. This time it was Andy's turn to raise hell. He went back to the T-Mobile store, explained to them that there was no way we could've gone through 15 gigs worth of memory in 48 hours. They said that what we purchased was basically peak minutes worth of space and that what we needed to do was not buy recharge cards, but buy another plan for the card. Andy told them that he was told by another T-Mobile employee to buy a recharge card for it. Essentially, they told him that the employee (at a different store, unfortunately) lied to him and there was nothing they could do about it.

There's no such thing as customer service or competition out here (no thanks to post communist mentality, I'm sure) so there's no reason to do right by the customer. They screwed us and we had to take it.

Alrighty then... I feel better.

Last week we went to a restaurant called Sir Lancelot. It was an authentic medieval times kind of place. We had everything from the curvaceous (barely-dressed) waitresses, to the big ol' platters of meat, to the bibs that our waitress tied around our neck, to the belly dancer. Belly dancer?? It didn't seem to fit, but maybe it's a Hungarian thing. Here are some photos of our night out...




More good times still to come...

No comments: