Monday, November 26, 2007

McCafe

What the... I leave my blog for two days and look what happens. Maroon and white rubbish appears on the screen! Andy, get your own blog!

Anyway, things here are going well. Today was Andy's first day at work and my first day solo with the kids. We're all still alive and on speaking terms, so that's success in my book. The plan for today was to try to get over to Buda via the #1 tram, but I didn't have any luck finding where the #1 stops. And as much as I wanted to keeping walking to explore and hopefully stumble upon the #1, Maya gets really heavy to carry after about an hour and Kien's complaining reaches new heights. Instead we took a break from our walk to buy a few groceries at the market. Then we came across a "bird park". Ever since his first time on the beach in San Diego, Kien has loved chasing pigeons, seagulls, etc, so when he saw this park this afternoon, he couldn't resist. I'm working on editing some video of the bird chase to post on the blog, so stay tuned.

Last night we drove out to the GE Hungary facility so that Andy and his coworker Nam would know where to go this morning. It's out in the country about 45 minutes away by car.
On the way out there, we came across a little carnival, so we stopped to check it out. Let me just say, a carnie is a carnie no matter what country you live in. For those who don't know what a carnie is, it's the fine folks who operate the rides at a carnival. They're very nice people and they do provide fun for the kids, and... oh I'll just leave it at that and let you fill in the rest. After all, I don't want to offend. Here are the kids having some fun on a ride.

The night before last we were in search of some dessert after dinner, but a couple of places we were hoping to dine at were closed. So I reluctantly agreed to go to McCafe. Yes, the Mc stands for McDonalds! And yes they do have a cafe that's only about a block away from where we're living. Surprisingly, it was pretty good. It has a nice cafe feel to it and good coffee and desserts.

1 comment:

wirrek said...

Kacey - you are my hero! Have fun in Hungary, but I bet its cold. I am going put a link to your blog on mine...is that ok?