Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Day 2

We awoke to the phone ringing in the other room. It was Andy's coworker who's out here for the same assignment. He's calling to see if we want to meet up for lunch in 30 minutes. 30 minutes... lunch? What time was it? It was 11 am. I couldn't believe we all slept that late. So we got up and got ready to met up with Nam for lunch at a cafe. The food was good if you can get past the second hand smoke. I think Andy and I need to get the kids used to all that smoke in the restaurants by taking up smoking at home - and blowing the smoke directly at them! I'm JOKING - no need to call cps!

After the cafe we went to a market to buy food so we wouldn't have to eat out for every meal. The picture above is the building that houses the market. It was amazing. The first floor was row after row of stands set up with produce, meat, dairy, baked bread and pastries. mmmmmm! It was bustling with business. I got to practice some Hungarian (a little sign language and pointing came in handy as well). It's pretty fun trying to figure things out.


Here's Kien waiting for a train to come.

























This evening we walked to a pub on a boat for dinner. The boat sat afloat on the Danube River.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are all doing great!

Huynh said...

Kien & Maya are sooooo CUTE

Huynh said...

Can't wait to see you guys in Budapest

Unknown said...

How are Kien & Maya doing?
Do they miss their friends in Kingwood, TX?
Will they go to school over there?